Arson Defense Attorney in Toledo
Call Our Proven Toledo Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
Have you been accused of arson? If so, it is critical that speak with a
capable legal counselor immediately. Arson is often considered a felony
offense and can yield significant penalties for the convicted. It is essential
that the defendants in these cases retain counsel ready to ensure that
these allegations receive the scrutiny they deserve.
Law Office of Lorin Zaner, our proven Toledo
criminal defense attorney has more than four decades of legal experience with our justice
system. Attorney Zaner knows how the state of Ohio pursues convictions
for these offenses and is ready to thoroughly and diligently pursue the
best possible outcome for his clients.
Favorable results can be possible. Explore your defense options with us.
Call (419) 741-4050 today.
Defining Arson in Ohio
Ohio separates arson offenses into two different categories: arson (Ohio
Revised Code § 2909.03) and aggravated arson (Ohio Revised Code §
2909.02). Within these statutes, however, the severity of an arson charge
can vary depending on the circumstances of the alleged incident.
- Simple arson is a first-degree misdemeanor
- Arson that causes injury or damage of $500 or more is a fourth-degree felony
- Arson that is committed for the purpose of fraud is a fourth-degree felony
- Arson that targets state property is a fourth-degree felony
- Arson that targets forests, wetlands, etc. is a fourth-degree felony
- Arson that involves an agreement to hire is a third-degree felony
- Arson that involves an occupied structure is a second-degree felony (aggravated arson)
Have you been accused of one of the above offenses? If so, our firm is
ready to hear from you.
Attorney Zaner is well-versed in assessing these cases, exposing circumstantial evidence,
consulting with experts, and ensuring that his clients receive the consideration
they deserve before our criminal justice system.
Do not wait to start exploring your defense options. Use our online form
to request a free case evaluation with Attorney Zaner today.