Ohio Robbery Attorney
WHAT IS ROBBERY?
Robbery is defined under Ohio Revised Code Title XXIX. Crimes Procedure § 2911.01 as committing or attempting to commit a theft where a deadly weapon is present, the suspect inflicts harm (without the use of a weapon) or threatens to inflict harm on the alleged victim, or uses force (without the use of a weapon) or threaten to use force against them.
- Robbery is often considered a second-degree felony, punishable by a prison sentence ranging from two to eight years.
- If, however, no weapon was used or no harm was inflicted upon the victim, it will be a third-degree felony. A third-degree felony is punishable by a prison sentence of one to five years.
What is Aggravated Robbery?
Under Ohio Law, you can be charged with aggravated robbery if while fleeing from, committing or attempting to commit a theft you:
- Have a deadly weapon and use it, brandish it, display it, or indicate you have it
- Possess explosives or other “dangerous ordnance”
- Inflict or attempt to inflict serious physical harm on the alleged victim
- Removing or attempting to remove a deadly weapon from a police officer
What are the Penalties for Aggravated Robbery?
There are two types of robbery in Ohio: robbery and aggravated robbery. Both robbery and aggravated robbery are classified as felonies. Aggravated robbery is considered a first-degree felony. A felony of the first degree is punishable by a prison sentence of three to ten years.
Law Office of Lorin Zaner Robbery Legal Counsel
In Ohio, robbery is treated as a serious offense. If you are convicted of this type of theft crime, you risk a lengthy prison sentence, expensive fines, and a criminal record that may have a negative impact on your life and future.
If you were arrested for robbery in Ohio, the Law Office of Lorin J. Zaner is ready to protect your rights, reputation, and freedom. With more than 40 years of experience, our Toledo criminal defense lawyer can review your case and determine all of your available legal options to obtain the most favorable outcome possible.
Our firm is led by a trial-tested defense lawyer with an outstanding record. We can thoroughly investigate the incident and collect evidence necessary to build an effective and personalized defense strategy. Let us help you get back on the right track immediately.
Contact us and request a free consultation.
Our firm has helped clients throughout the community since 1976.
Our lawyer handles cases in State or Federal courts of Ohio & Michigan.
Our firm is prepared to take cases to a trial by jury.
Our firm is led by a trial-tested defense lawyer with an outstanding record.