Toledo Shoplifting Attorney
Fighting for Clients Since 1976. Call (419) 741-4050 Now!
Have you or a loved one been arrested for shoplifting? Lorin J. Zaner, a dedicated Toledo shoplifting lawyer, can help! Our firm has 40+ years of experience defending the accused throughout Ohio, and we are committed to achieving the best possible outcome for our clients.
Penalties for Shoplifting Charges
Shoplifting may seem like a minor offense, but the penalties for this crime are serious. If you are convicted of shoplifting you may face significant fines and jail time. The penalties correspond to the value of stolen goods:
- Less than $1,000: Up to 180 days in jail and fines up to $1,000.
- Between $1,000 and $7,500: A jail sentence of 6 to 12 months and up to $2,500 in fines.
- Between $7,500 and $150,000: A jail sentence of 6 to 18 months and up to $5,000 in fines.
- Between $150,000 and $750,000: A jail sentence of 1 to 5 years and up to $10,000 in fines.
- Between $750,000 and $1.5 Million: A jail sentence of 2 to 8 years and up to $15,000 in fines.
- $1.5 Million or more: A jail sentence of 3 to 10 years and up to $20,000 in fines.
Most people charged with shoplifting do not steal anything close to the amounts described above. However, all but one of those charges are considered felonies rather than misdemeanors. If you have been accused of stealing more than $1,000 in goods, you will be charged with a felony. When you face serious charges, you need serious defense.
Request Your Free Consultation Today
Toledo shoplifting lawyer Lorin J. Zaner has the experience you need to fight these charges. If you or a loved one has been arrested for shoplifting, you will need a trial-tested defense lawyer with an outstanding record. Take the first step today by contacting us.
Request your free consultation by calling (419) 741-4050 or filling out our contact form.
Our firm has helped clients throughout the community since 1976.
Our lawyer handles cases in State or Federal courts of Ohio & Michigan.
Our firm is prepared to take cases to a trial by jury.
Our firm is led by a trial-tested defense lawyer with an outstanding record.